Friday, March 07, 2008

Morning has broken...

...literally. I don't sleep well anymore. The length of the sleep and the place where it takes place are of zero consequence. I truly can't remember the last time I went to bed at a reasonable hour, woke up the next morning and felt refreshed. I'm beginning to think I'm some sort of freak who leaks rest like a sieve. I wish I could remember when it happened so I could do something about it, and here's the kicker: if I nap in the middle of the day, it gets worse.

I don't know how my wife does it - she gets by on minimal sleep while essentially juggling 3 careers and can still walk and from complete sentences on her days off. She's the little engine that could, while I move in a zombie like state from obligation to obligation, mustering energy in bursts, just enough to get me through and do the best job I can. I would prefer to have energy during the day.

Now that I consider it more, there are likely two chief culprits:

1. My diet is shitty, and in now way engineered to fuel my body. It really isn't engineered
at all.

2. I lack regular physical activity. There was a time where I was semi-regularly playing racquetball, basketball, and other sports. That felt good. I need to do more of that.

Is anybody else out there experiencing the same thing?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're in your 30s and you're married. All you need now is a kid to throw the first handful of dirt into the grave of your Youth.

I'm here to help.

Always.