Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Primary

I've started to get sick of the Democratic Primary.

While I still hold the opinion that the historic nature of this election, both in the "unorthodox" candidates and the extensive involvement of new media has re-energized the voting populus, I wish it was over already. In a campaign season where the dominant theme is "change," the race is being prolonged due to the run-of-the-mill smear campaigns that have become the norm.

And I can't stand it.

I want to like both Hillary and Barack. I want them to run a civil campaign in which the voters make thir decision based on the merit of one candidate over another rather than who screwed up less in the news cycles leading up to their state's caucus or primary.

If you can't win a fair fight, maybe you shouldn't be fighting in the first place.

0 comments: